Students in Kindergarten through 8th grade attend computer class once a week in the computer lab with Mrs. Kreh.
The computer curriculum includes the following skills:
Internet Safety Rules:
- Never talk to strangers online (including gaming systems). Only play games or talk to friends that you know in real life.
- Never give out your personal information online; such as your name, address, phone number, or school name.
- Stick to places on the internet that are just right for someone your age. Ask your parents’ permission, if you are unsure if a site is just right for you.
- Never agree to meet an internet friend in person.
- If someone online does something to make you feel bad or scared, do not respond to them. Take a screenshot and get help from a trusted adult right away.
- Do not ever share your passwords with your friends. The only safe person to give your password to is your mom or dad.
- Be kind and use good manners while you are online. Do not use the internet to vent your angry feelings or hurt other people.
- Do not post pictures of other people online without their permission.