Remember the 1930 children's classic story
The Little Engine that Could?
It's a lovely tale of a little blue train who, through perseverance and effort, managed to help the bigger broken engine deliver toys and food to the children on the other side of the mountain. The story is reminiscent of the parable of the Good Samaritan, in that the other bigger trains were too busy or too important to help.
Parent volunteers are like the Good Samaritan and the little blue train. Our parent volunteers have mountains of laundry, babies to feed, full-time jobs and a dog. Parent volunteers respond cheerfully to our never-ending requests for help and support. Holy Rosary Academy will never make it over the mountain without them.
Whether it's 5 minutes, 5 hours, or 5 weeks, there are opportunities to be a part of this vibrant community. Here are just a few ways you can help us reach that mountain of academic excellence grounded in our Catholic faith:
- Prayer - We are always in need of prayer! Join the Rosary Walk on Wednesdays at 2:00 pm to walk and pray the Rosary. Come to Mass at 8:00 and worship with us.
- Dining Hall - Can you help open juice boxes and unwrap snacks for our little ones? Would you like to help serve lunch?
- Library - would you like to help shelve books and assist with inventory?
- Read - Our PreK - 8th grades love to be read to. Contact a teacher!
- Art - You don't need to be a Picasso, but if you love to work with children and help them be creative, there's a spot for you!
- Hosts/Hostesses - Do you love to meet and greet new people? Check with our Admissions Director Sarah Wathen to offer assistance at an Open House.
- Home and School Association - Do you like working with a group of energetic go-getters? Then the Home and School Association is for you! Lots of committees are available that may interest you.
- Office help - Our office always needs help with large mailings, pre-registration documents, folding and stuffing envelopes, etc.
- Music - can you play the piano? Mrs. Melton is always looking for someone to help accompany the choir.
- Forensics - Are you a good listener? Our kids need someone to listen to their spoken pieces as they prepare for various competitions.
There is so much more! We need parents in almost every aspect of school life. Holy Rosary Academy is your school - it belongs to every family, student, and teacher. The doors are open - c'mon in!