Welcome Prospective Parents!
Thank you for visiting Holy Rosary Academy's website! We are delighted that you are considering HRA for your child's education. The Academy offers a comprehensive education in a Catholic, Christian environment.
HRA Quick Facts
- Holy Rosary Academy has been guiding and educating children since 1954!
- The Academy was named a 2013 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education for "exemplary high performing."
- Holy Rosary Academy is fully accredited by the State of Tennessee, the Diocese of Nashville, and AdvancEd, formerly known as "SACS" (the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools).
- In addition to all core subjects, Academy students receive instruction in Spanish, computer/technology, music and art, and visit the library/media center weekly. All students have daily recess, and a regular structured P.E. class. Band is offered for students in grades 5 through 8.
- HRA students collectively rank in the top 15 percent nationally based on our IOWA Test of Basic Skills scores.
- Students are educated in the Catholic Faith (Christ our Life textbook series) and attend Mass twice weekly with their classmates and teachers, where they are active participants as lectors and musicians.
- Enrichment activities include visiting speakers, museum services, musicians, theatrical groups and other performing artists. All grade levels have educational field trips that include live theatre and historic homes/locations.
- Our faculty members are certified teachers, and many of them hold Master's degrees.
- All classrooms are equipped with computers and interactive SmartBoards to immerse students in technology and lessons that are relevant and engaging.
- The Academy incorporates the use of the Accelerated Reading program and the TenMarks math program for students.
- There are two classes for each grade level, Pre-K to 8th grade, and Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students enjoy small class sizes.
- Extracurricular activities for HRA students include scouts, chess club, sports, choir, forensics, drama, science olympiad, Engineering for Kids, and a young authors club.
- Before- and after-care is available for an additional fee through HRA's Escape program.
- Students wear uniforms which are purchased through Parker Uniform.
- Limited bus service is available for an additional fee for HRA students from Wilson County and Hermitage, as provided by Pope John Paul II High School.
- The Academy has a tuition assistance program. For consideration, parents must apply through the FACTS website by March 31.
Now that you have visited our website, we encourage you to visit us in person! Check for dates when open houses are scheduled, or simply contact Cathy Del Rio at email@example.com in the admissions office to set an appointment for a personal tour.
The mission of the Holy Rosary Academy community is to support and encourage the development of each child's unique set of God-given talents by providing a Catholic education grounded in Gospel values and committed to excellence.